At Majestic Home Solutions, we are looking for a Lead Carpenter. This person will be crewed with one to three guys on jobs doing various miscellaneous tasks in remodeling work. A lead carpenter must be able to troubleshoot an issue(s) that arrive on a job and resolve in a timely manner. A lead carpenter must be proficient in rough and finish carpentry. a Lead carpenter should understand and be able to tackle any stage of a remodeling project. A lead carpenter at Majestic Home Solutions be able to lead a crew on a job efficiently and keep moral high.
We do work in all of Oakland and Macomb Counties. Please be aware before applying that you must have a reliable vehicle to get to and from work.
Expectations and Objectives:
- Dependability and reliability
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership and management of scope of work
- Organized and clean professional appearance
- Highest quality in performance of Rough & Finish Carpentry
- Going above and beyond expectation
Responsibilities as a Lead Carpenter:
A Lead Carpenter will be working under the Project Managers at Majestic Home Solutions. The Lead Carpenters will lead a crew of one to three men in various tasks from framing to punch-list items at the end of the job. The lead carpenter should have the knowledge to understand scope of work and be able to delegate and teach guys underneath them. Lead carpenters should be a "jack of all trades" when it comes to remodeling and be very efficient in rough and finish carpentry. We expect the Lead carpenter to keep moral high in the field and be able to assist the project managers in the field to ensure quality control and setting up guys in the field.
Primary Scope of Work:
- Various task through-out a project.
- From framing a wall to punch-list items.
- Demolition and Protection Prep.
- Trim Carpentry
- Base, Case, Crown, Stairs, Cabinetry, etc
- Rough framing
- Can frame a basement (includes the fire blocking)
- Hang, tape, mud, sand. Not huge projects but attainable to a one – two-man crew.
- Paint and stain work
- Priming or painting a wall/ceiling, touching up stain or paint.
- Tile, backsplash and stone/brick
- If anything, just repairs or finishing grouting or caulking.
- Light electrical plumbing and HVAC
- Be able to do minor handyman work if need be.
- 10 Years Rough & Finish Carpentry
- 8 Years of remodeling
- Technology savvy (can work a smart phone, email and basic computer skills)
- High School diploma
- Truck or work van (reliable vehicle)
- Tools (for both primary and secondary tasks)
Wages and Compensation:
- Starting hourly: $30.00/Hour payroll (30-90 Day Trial):
- After 30: $1.00/Hour raise
- After 90: $1.00-2.00/Hour raise (cap for under 12 months active employment $27.00/Hour)
- Holidays paid time off:
- 8 Hour day straight time pay
- End of year bonus:
- Minimum 5 months active
- Exceptional performance record
- Up to on 40 Hour work week bonus***
- Retirement plan: simple IRA
- Personal and vacation time off (paid):
- After 12 months guarantee
- Monday - Friday: 7:45 A.M. - 4:45 P.M.
- 30-minute lunch break Later stays expected when closing a Job.
- 40-45 Hour work weeks
- (Overtime will only be given if all tasks were completed ahead of schedule for the week.)
- Only if given permission by the production coordinator
Our Process of Hiring:
(Note: Majestic Home Solutions does do mandatory background checks. We cannot bring in anyone with a felony or not able drive legally.)
- Chris Roumaya (VP of Marketing and Operations) will reach out to the top 6 candidates through via email.
- For those who respond will be given a 10 min ice breaker phone conversation to set up a interview time at our office in Troy.
- We will also forward potential interview questions we will ask
- Please bring a one-page resume
- Pictures of current work
- Interview will be with Chris Roumaya, and potentially Alex Reschka (Production Coordinator) or one of the Project Managers of Majestic Home Solutions.
- After all interviews are complete the top 2 candidates will be offered the position.